Choosing the best venue to hire
Choosing a venue can be a daunting experience, especially when you are dry-hiring the venue. There is lots of moving parts and you are trying to make sure the venue has everything you need. Importantly, you want your guests to love the venue!
So without further ado, below are some things you can consider when choosing your dream venue!
- Location – How easy is it for your guests to attend the venue. Think about transport, airports etc.
- Budget – This can be quite a tricky area, but you need to understand what your upper limits are to ensure you do not go over budget.
- Parking – Is there enough space for all your guests to park?
- Capacity – How many people are going to attend your event? Do you need to add a few more people incase the inevitable uninvited guest attends?
- Features & Decor – Does the venue come with everything you need such as speakers, chairs, tables or lighting. If not you will need to this into consideration and select the appropriate vendor to provide them.
- Event Crew – Are these provided to assist with the lighting/ audio?
- Floor plan – What’s the layout like? Does it fit into your vision?
- Accessibility – Will all your guests be uncomfortable and be able to access the venue easily?
- Liability Insurance – Does the venue have adequate insurance to protect your guests?
- Licensing – Does the venue have the correct licensing to allow you to host your event?
- Kitchen – Does the venue have its own kitchen? If not, you may need to look for a vendor to help erect a service marquee. Some caterer’s can arrange this.
- Bar & Beverages – Is there a bar or will you need to outsource this to a mobile bar vendor?
It might seem daunting when you realise there is lots to think about, but our advice to tackle this is to always be logical as to what is most important to you. Hopefully our venue checklist has been helpful, if you would still like some support is choosing a venue, why not consider our free venue finding service?